Saturday, December 20, 2008

Conflicting Day

Lets start with today we are celebrating Bryce's 3rd birthday. He plans to have a camping themed party!!! We have yet to attend but I am pretty excited about camping indoors now if only it was a sleep over...hint hint Rachel! Bryce did say I could sleep in his new bed!

Also today Sean and I celebrated our Christmas with Quinn. He was so excited that he couldn't wait for his presents to get out of the box. Sean got me a tanning membership which everyone know how much I love to tan and haven't since before I was pregnant. My sister Tracy, Scott, Ty, and Sydney all spent the night with us last night on their trip up to my parents and that was nice and Quinn loved it! Pictures soon to come!

So on to the bad part of the day. We were informed today that my Grandmother passed away this morning around 5 am. Though my grandmother and I did not always see eye to eye in the last years I was working really hard to just get along with her knowing I would regret it later in life when she was no longer with us. We did all know it was coming sooner rather than later but it is still very difficult. My grandmother will not be having a funeral she had a great idea that if you couldn't come and see her alive then why come stare at her when she is dead.


So with that said I will end with a great story of my grandmother that I think about often. One Christmas my mom asked Sean and I to pick up my grandma and bring her over for dinner. Now for the last several years she has been on oxygen. Sean and I agreed and went to pick her up. Once we arrived we both realized we have never had to use a portable oxygen tank before. My grandma decides she can make it to my parents house without it...25 minutes away. So my grandma sits in the front seat with Sean which we had just got our car a month ago. The whole way Sean and I were panicking to get back to the house, Sean thinking he was going to kill my grandmother and me thinking she was going to stop breathing and one of us was going to have to do CPR!! Neither of us said anything to each other and Sean was speeding the whole way to my parents until he passed a cop who gave him the slow down signal. Sean later said he had his whole story worked out for the cop if he pulled him over which was I don't want to kill my fiance's grandma! When we arrived Sean and I were so relieved. A week later when my mom took my grandmother to get her hair done my grandmother went on and on how she got to sit in the front with Sean and what a nice car it was and what a handsome man he is and so nice and just really liked him. So for Sean and I it was the scariest 25 minutes of our lives for my grandmother it was one of the most pleasurable!

No comments: